Update for the Week of 4/13/20 – 4/17/20

This week we are on our fourth week away from school and our third week of on-line learning.  We will only have another four day week this week due to our last day of Spring Break being today.  On Tuesday, we will resume our on-line learning model for a third week.  As as follow-up to my post last week, I just have the same couple of thoughts to share with you.

1) Tennessee Trip – Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to reach out to Mrs. Lewis with the requested information so that she could begin the refund process on the monies that had been paid in on the Tennessee Trip.  She had heard from most parents by the end of last week.  There were just a few that she had not, and she sent that list to me.  I then sent a message to those students via email letting them know that we still needed that information.  If you have not had the chance to reach out to Mrs. Lewis to get this process started for you, please do so by providing the following information: parents/guardians name, student’s name, mailing address, and a contact phone number, in an email to the booster treasurer at qachsbandboosters.treasurer@gmail.com.

2) On-Line Learning – This week, the Symphonic and Concert Bands will be reviewing their grade level Exam Scales and taking a look at some of their music in a digital format via an online platform.  More details will be in this week’s Classroom post for their particular ensemble.  They will also take time to practice their compositions that they wrote last week.